Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 18 June 2012

Another wet weekend.

Saturday was still wet and miserable. It meant i  couldn't partake in my favourite past time of lying on the patio catching the sun.




Here's me thinking has it not stopped raining yet.



Cody had the same idea out of the kitchen window.
Now i know where the saying copy cat comes from.

So after a quick walk in which my Dad found out his walking boots leak and his waterproofs are no longer waterproof. We played some games and did some training in the house we're it was dry.



Me enjoying my Dogit mind game. Which my Dad won for me at Christmas. He hides treats and i have to find them which is good but does have it's downsides.


My Dad says because i had so many treats he had to cut back on my main meal, how mean is that something to do with me putting weight on, i don't buy that for one minute though.

I've seen the servants have snacks in the afternoon of crisps, cake or biscuits but when Mum does  tea they still get full portions. There's something wrong there if you're going to have rules at least make them apply to everyone.

I've got a good mind   the next time they're having tea to jump up and take a pork chop off there plate, and say you've had to many treats this afternoon I'm only looking after your weight, and See how they like it. I bet you a bone  they will have something to say about that.

Of course Cody had to come over & join in, i think he gets jealous of me having Daddy time. I told you he was a copy cat.



At least Cody does have some good uses here he is guarding the treat boxes.



Dad teaching me to leave. He puts a treat on my paw and won't let me take it until he gives the command to do so.


After that playtime and training it was time for us both to settle down. And people say dogs and cats can't get on together.

Sunday. Yippee i woke up to the sun shining through the window & not a cloud in site. Happy days i got an extra long walk. And i made Dad extra proud of me today, i always make people smile when out on a walk because i always walk nicely on a loose lead and sit at the side of the road until i get told It's safe to cross.

Today was extra special though because i have a habit of reacting to other dogs when I'm out unless I'm off lead on the park and I'm ok then. But today i just looked without any barking, growling or lunging towards them. I knew i had made Dad happy when he made a big fuss of me.


Now i can enjoy my favourite past time again of lying on the patio catching the sun and lying by the Lillie's taking in there scent.

Dad says according to the weather forecast the weather is nice until Thursday, i will believe that when i see it they can't even get the next days forecast right never mind an extended forecast.

So it's not been a bad weekend, and happy Fathers day to all you Dad's out there sorry it's a bit late.

The only thing that upset me was why are people so breedist, just because I'm part Rottweiler they seem to think I've got a split personality and some  kind of psychopath. Before judging me on my breed at least have the common sense to get to know me first. you might be pleasantly surprised that I'm not the devil dog the media and TV make us out to be. Please don't judge us until you get your facts right.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheba,

    Sorry it's been so rainy there, but it's wonderful that your dad takes the time to play games with you and work on training when you can't get outside.

    We agree with you completely that people shouldn't judge a dog based on its breed. It upsets my mom when people do that.

    Hope you have a sunny week!

    your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nice comments. The weather today is the complete opposite to last week.

    Take care Sheba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Sheba,

    What a fun week-end. Sorry about all the rain, though. Can you send some my way? It is awfully dry and hot in my neck of the woods.

    Your Dogit Mind game looks very cool. I think I would enjoy something like that. But yeah, what's with taking away part of your dinner if you get a treat? That makes no sense. The entire reason a treat is called a treat is because it is a treat! It is a happy extra we get on top of our daily meals. I think you need to have a sit-down with you dad and explain this to him. Good luck!

    Great pictures! And I absolutely agree with your last paragraph. Well woofed!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete