Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 15 June 2012

Grandma came for tea.

Don't worry about the title i didn't eat her for tea.

What a week it's been weather wise, i think the UK must be the only country that gets all four seasons in one day. We've had glorious sunshine, torrential rain and high winds, at least there shouldn't be any hosepipe bans.

On Sunday the humans invited my Grandma over for the day and she stopped for tea. Which was great i like it when we have visitors, another pair of hands to make a fuss of me. At least she brought some nice weather with her, so we could spend some time outside in the garden.

I get so excited and show it I'm not allowed to jump up at humans but find it hard to resist at times so it looks like I'm doing little bunny hops. I only want to show that I'm happy to see them.

Mum & Dad stopped me from jumping up at humans when i was a puppy because I'm a big dog and could easily knock someone over, there right of course but i hate it when there right.

Me with Mum & Grandma.


Me with Dad & Grandma.

Grandma used to be weary of me when she used to come over visiting because i used to get so excited. But thanks to Mum and Dad they trained me to how to behave properly and now i know longer try & knock her over with my excitement. And behave in a nice quiet manner now, thumbs up to my servants on that one if i sit quietly Grandma now feeds me treats It's a win win situation i will do anything if i know there's lots of praise and a nice tasty morsel at the end of it. I've learned if i make the humans happy they keep me happy.

I've never been able to understand people who think they've got to dominate there dogs to get the best out of them. The only way is through positive reinforcement. We will do anything for food or play time.

Exercise, Discipline and Affection get them three right and you're on the right track. Plenty of walks to tire us out and a one hour run on the park to keep me fit and I'm a happy dog. Mum and Dad also like to do plenty of training with me at home and hiding treats around the house for me to sniff out and find to drain me mentally, a tired dog is a happy dog.

2 comments:

  1. We agree with you 100%. Mom only uses positive reinforcement to train me, and the results have been excellent! (She has even taught me to play the piano and ride a skateboard.)

    I also agree about the exercise. Dogs need exercise and mental stimulation. That's why we go for lots of hikes and mom teaches me to do tricks to challenge my brain. Mom also hides treats for me around the house when she leaves for work each day!

    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Positive reinforcement is the best way to build up a strong bond and get the best out of your dog.

    Thanks for following my Blog. Since i started Blogging I've met some lovely people from all over the world. I like the way Blogging brings everyone together and we can share our experiences together.

    ReplyDelete